– To respond to enquiries into research and funding policy in the Oceania region.
– To be proactive in preparing for the next review of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (date unknown) to build a strong case for the inclusion of interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research.
Gabriele Bammer (chair), Martin Bliemel, Beth Fulton, Iain Gordon, Teatulohi (Lohi) Matainaho, Ken Taylor, Zee Upton
1. Priorities for the Australian Universities Accord
– submission made 16/12/22: https://nitro-oceania.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/NITRO_submission_priorities-australian-universities-accord_2022.pdf (PDF 191KB)
– a submission is now being prepared for the discussion paper released on 22/2/23: https://www.education.gov.au/australian-universities-accord/resources/australian-universities-accord-panel-discussion-paper. Submissions due 11 April, 2023.
Information about the review can be found at: https://www.education.gov.au/australian-universities-accord
2. Refreshing Australia’s National Science and Research Priorities and National Science Statement – submissions due 31 March 2023.
Information about the review can be found at: https://consult.industry.gov.au/sciencepriorities1
3. Preparing for the next review of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification
– this is currently on hold until the activities above are completed
– it will build on the work of an earlier working group on Research Classification: https://nitro-oceania.net/activities/working-groups/archived-working-groups/research-classification-working-group
Review of the Australian Research Council
– submission made 13/12/22: https://nitro-oceania.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/NITRO_submission_ARC-review_2022.pdf (PDF 205KB)
– participated in an online focus group 24/2/23
Information about the review can be found at: https://www.education.gov.au/higher-education-reviews-and-consultations/review-australian-research-council-act-2001