The December 8 NITRO-Oceania Executive video-conference was the first meeting of the new Executive. It covered:
- Welcome to new member, Rachel Parker. All members of the original executive continue to serve. For the full membership, see https://nitro-oceania.net/members/ and scroll down to the Executive.
- Progress made by the Impact Dialogues Working Group on the March 3 workshop.
- Opportunities for NITRO-Oceania involvement at the Sustainability Research and Innovation Congress 2021 (SRI2021) which will be virtual and onsite in Brisbane from 12-15 June 2021.
- Agreement to hold two seminars in 2021, following the success of the August 2020 seminar by Klement Tockner, President of the Austrian Science Fund, on how he implemented his vision to fund interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research.
- Proposals to add three new working groups, which will become active in 2021: 1) Paul Bertsch will lead a group to discuss and write a paper on how/why the current economic circumstances should provide a trigger for the transformation of university research towards more interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research; 2) Dan Walker will lead a group to explore capacity building for organisations to foster interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary research; 3) Derrick Armstrong will lead a group to explore how NITRO-Oceania can strengthen its activities to benefit Indigenous peoples. Members will be e-mailed shortly to determine interest in being involved.
- Addition of honorary and global membership categories to member list (https://nitro-oceania.net/members/).
- Suggestions of new members to invite.